This policy explains how your personal information will be treated when you access the Farscape Development website.
Farscape Development Limited of Avon Farm Estates, Avon Lane, Saltford, Bristol, BS31 3ET is committed to protecting the privacy of the data that we process and hold and complying with GDPR.
We hold some personal details about you, this document explains why we have that information, how we use and handle it and your rights to that information.
What Information do we hold?
We currently hold personal information in order to provide our services as contracted with you/ your employer, from information you have supplied when registering for a webinar, or as purchased from a marketing data provider who is GDPR compliant. This could include some or all of the following:
1. Identifying Information – name
2. Contact Information – email address, phone number
3. Professional Information – Job Title, Company Grade or Level, department/ function, location (where you are based)
4. Physical Characteristics – gender, age
5. Behavioural Information – psychometric data, 360 feedback (from self, senior colleagues, peers, direct reports)
6. Preference information – consultant notes (taken during an interview)
7. IP address – if you have visited our website
Where did we get your data from?
The personal data that we have is either provided to us by you or your employer as agreed in our contract or has been purchased through a marketing data provider who is GDPR compliant.
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Why are we holding this personal information?
• We may hold your data to fulfil a contract we have with our client (usually this would be your employer).
• We may also hold your personal data if you have given us your consent to do so.
• We may also hold your personal data if we are legally required to do so.
• We may also hold your personal data if we have purchased a data list from a data provider on the basis of legitimate interest in our services.
• We may hold your IP address in order to provide you with relevant news and advertising via online re-marketing.
How we use your Personal Information
• The information we hold will be used to contact you via Direct Marketing or re-marketing in order to share information with you about our services. This information will be relevant to your job role and function.
• The information we hold may also be used to deliver contracted services, and only for the stated purpose.
• The information we hold may also be used to send information to you about webinars that you have signed up for, including timings, access to recordings and feedback.
What we don’t do with your personal information
• We do not sell your data to any third party.
• We do not transfer your data to any parties other than sub-contractors agreed in our contract and necessary for us to carry out our contracted service.
• We do not use your data for any purposes other than those agreed in our contract or for marketing purposes outlined above.
How long do we keep your personal data?
• The information we use to communicate with you will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive information from us or you want us to delete your personal data.
• Where we are acting as a Data Processor, any personal data that we hold will be kept in line with the requirements of the Data Controller, or if the Data Controller has not communicated this with us we will hold the data until we are requested to delete it.
We are committed to taking appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing or accidental loss. This includes restricting access to, maintaining accuracy of and training in the securing of personal data. These safeguards are designed to protect against, but are not a guarantee against, the loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal information.
The measures we would take include:
• Reporting certain types of personal data breach to the relevant supervisory authority, within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach, where feasible.
• If the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting individuals’ rights and freedoms, we will also inform those individuals without undue delay.
• Ensuring we have robust breach detection, investigation and internal reporting procedures in place. This will facilitate decision-making about whether or not we need to notify the relevant supervisory authority and the affected individuals.
• Keeping a record of any personal data breaches, regardless of whether we are required to notify.
What are your personal data rights?
If at any point you believe the personal information we hold on you is incorrect, you want us to correct or delete that information, or you no longer want us to hold that information or contact you, you can exercise your rights under the current Data Protection laws.
These rights include:
• Right of access
• Right to rectification
• Right to erasure
• Right to restriction of processing
• Right to data portability
• Right to object
For more information about your personal data rights please visit the Information Commissioner Office website at: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/data-protection-%20reform/overview-of-the-gdpr/individuals-rights/
Who do I contact if I have an issue with or question about the personal information that you hold about me?
Please contact our Data Protection Officer, Claire Ewing on 0117 370 1800 or email us at email@example.com
How do I make a complaint about how my personal data is being held or processed?
• If you wish to raise a complaint regarding the way we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Protection Officer (details above) who will investigate the matter.
• If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). Their Helpdesk number is 0303 123 1113.